Tips for Choosing a Secure Password
- Try using a combination of numbers and letters, and symbols.
- Avoid words that can be found in the dictionary.
- Substitute letters with numbers or symbols when possible (I.e., ex@mp1e).
- A phrase with two or more words is effective, especially when substituting numbers for letters.
- Don’t use the word “Password” or any publicly available information (I.e., your address or birthday).
- Use different passwords for different accounts.
- Change your password frequently and never give it out to anyone.